We are so excited to meet you, to share what we’re building, and to watch you breathe more life into it. We can promise a passionate team you’re excited to learn beside, amazing book recs, lots of product samples, and frequent good laughs.
Current openings are listed below.
Please email email@example.com if any of these roles suit your experience and career goals with (1) why you’re excited about Agni and (2) a strength you’re excited to share with the team.
Can't wait to meet you!
Job Title: Senior Manager, Brand Marketing
Location: Remote, anywhere in the USA
Language Requirement: English
Challenge Area: Brand Strategy and Management, Business Forecasting, Innovation
Ideal Start Date: November 2021
Agni makes tasty healing foods to support better periods, fertility, and postpartum recovery. We develop all of our products in-house in collaboration with our medical advisory board (a board that includes experts in western, functional and integrative medicine, herbalism, Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and nutrition) and food geniuses so that they are effective as they are irresistible. We believe food should be healing for people and the planet, so we source all organic or better, nutrient-dense ingredients and use only recyclable or compostable packaging.
We make the healing powers of food and herbs accessible to all, and in doing so offer new ways for consumers to take their health into their own hands.
We are constantly learning about the body’s capacity to heal itself, especially when provided with the right nutrients and experiences. We are often trading book recommendations, swapping new recipes, and have been known to share our latest kitchen creations with one another over team meetings :)
About the Role:
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Marketing Manager to support Agni’s growth and grow Agni’s marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing content strategy, marketing campaigns, and managing the brand across all touch points. You’ll collaborate with agencies, contractors, and build an internal team of your own to amplify Agni’s message and help us to build a movement around healing with food. You’ll own and manage the creative budget. You’ll inspire internal and external collaborators to do their best work, setting them up for success from the start and coaching them on improvements when necessary. You’ll also have an opportunity to support Agni’s innovation pipeline, planning GTM launches for forthcoming products (like prenatal support), and collaborating with our product team to decide on future opportunities for product development.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally strong storytelling, organization, and relationship management skills, and is excited to grow and learn beside a highly motivated, collaborative, and compassionate team.
While this is not a design position, an excellent creative eye is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring CMO to get a blend of strategic/execution experience across many marketing functions.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
• Lead development and execution of the Agni brand and marketing strategies that support our business objectives and drive growth
• Develop a consumer-relevant, ownable and differentiated brand positioning and toolkit to ensure our brand is consistently expressed
• Drive results by shaping the content strategy and creative process, including leading and defining an editorial calendar, creating quarterly messaging guides, and engaging key stakeholders for topics and messaging gathering
• Collaborate with operations team to develop reliable growth forecasting processes so we can accurately predict production needs and manage bottom-line growth
• Own management of PR resources, setting any PR partner up for success and ensuring consistent messaging through all press opportunities
• Guide and support performance and retention marketing
• Work with CEO to develop a robust innovation pipeline and process that expands the brand’s footprint and impact. Own platform and product development from concept through commercialization, defining go-to-market strategies, pricing and volume forecasts
• Drive the vision for marketing team growth and organizational structure and recruit, coach, and lead all team members
• Own the packaging development process, working with external agency partners and vendors to develop breakthrough, premium packaging creative
• Manage freelance partners and creative agencies as needed
• Update the leadership team on these KPIs and future priorities
Skills and Qualifications:
• 4–6 years previous work experience in marketing roles for a d2c brand
• Experience with optimizing e-commerce funnels
• Strong business acumen with fluency in P&L and ability to identify growth levers
• Prior agency management experience
• Have launched a new product
• Have owned marketing campaign execution
• Have digital fluency and foundational knowledge of digital marketing sufficient to support a contractor or agency partner to do their best work on behalf of Agni
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fantastic people manager who upholds the highest standards of work and conduct with clarity and compassion
• Growth mindset, always curious, willing to teach others. We will take a chance on you if you haven’t checked all the boxes but clearly have high potential.
• Driven to achieve goals — you take pride in completing your work at the highest possible level while being mindful of the time and resources required to get the job done. Ready to overcome hiccups along the way.
• You’re happy to both think through strategy and get your hands dirty
• You’re excited to keep building the culture you want to be a part of with us
Our promises to you:
make space for and support your career and personal growth, uphold high standards of conduct and work with compassion, be honest and transparent with you, treat you with respect and generosity
We will surround you with colleagues who:
communicate clearly, honestly, and with compassion, care deeply for our universe, our earth, animals, plants, and people, welcome new ideas and information into their lives, seek personal and professional growth, have established forms of and/or are curious to discover and incorporate new forms of self care, reflection, and rejuvenation, inspire those around them to be their best selves by constantly showing up as their best self, are pursuing their career and personal goals and dreams with love and persistence
Seeking Wise, Compassionate, Expert Healers to Join Agni’s Medical Advisory Board
We are seeking to add two additional Medical Advisors to support Agni in creating tasty healing foods and sharing wisdom and information about food healing.
Agni is building a new product category: food-based remedies. We make the healing powers of food and herbs accessible to all, and in doing so offer new ways for consumers to take their health into their own hands. We develop all of our products in-house in collaboration with our Medical Advisory Board (a board that includes experts in Western, Functional and Integrative Medicine, Herbalism, Ayurveda, and Nutrition) and food geniuses so that they are effective as they are irresistible.
We spent 18 months developing products with our R&D chef and Medical Advisors before launching in August 2020 with foods to support postpartum recovery, restful sleep, better periods, fertility, gut health, and immune health. Our roadmap for expansion is extensive, and subsequent product launches will include foods to support the prenatal journey, menopause transitions, cognitive function, colds and flus, surgery recovery, and much more.
We are constantly learning about the body’s capacity to heal itself, trading book recommendations, and swapping favorite recipes :)
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for practitioners who are passionate about the role that food and nutrition play in healing.
In this role, you will, alongside other medical advisors, contribute to Agni’s product innovation pipeline, sharing research and information from your field about what foods and nutrients support various conditions. You’ll support Agni's efforts to spread awareness about the impact that food can have on recovery. You’ll collaborate with our marketing team to identify speaking opportunities where you might represent Agni on panels or other venues where you might be interviewed. You may also support our CEO by offering feedback and advice on her forthcoming book, “Fueling Your Agni: Feeding and Healing Yourself with Ancient Wisdom and Modern Science.”
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
Support Agni's marketing efforts to reach target audiences
Create or co-create educational resources around the topics that relate to our initial products (hormone balance, fertility, period health, postpartum support) to be shared with Agni’s community and/or your own community
List your role as a member of our Medical Advisory Board on LinkedIn
Refer any other potential practitioners from your network if appropriate
Include name and photo on Agni’s Medical Advisory Board page
Engaging in public-facing appearances representing or on behalf of Agni
Contribute to future product innovation
Offer ingredient and nutrient recommendations for customers going through specific life moments (e.g. prenatal, menopause)
Offer feedback on existing products and product prototypes
Share studies and wisdom from discipline of expertise supporting ingredient and nutrient choices in products
Support editing of Fueling Your Agni (book currently in manuscript form)
Review Part II of Fueling Your Agni and offer suggestions for additions or modifications
Offer a quote for the book cover if requested
We Are Prioritizing Candidates Who:
Believe that food and nutrition are an integral part of healing.
Are comfortable speaking in public about the topic of food healing.
Have experience, wisdom, education, and training that contributes to their ability to support our innovation pipeline and creation or review of educational materials. This may be in the field of Western Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Herbalism, Ayurvedic Medicine, Nutrition, Integrative or Functional Medicine, or health coaching.
Are interested in or in the process of building their own audience and community around food healing, especially to support women’s health — better periods, fertility, pregnancy, and/or postpartum recovery.
Have 5+ years of experience practicing in their field.
Compensation and Time Commitment:
We are open to collaborating to find a balance that feels great on both sides. Time commitment could range from 2-3 hours per month to 10-20 hours per month.
We’re most excited to offer Medical Advisors compensation in the form of company equity, but for the right Advisor and level of commitment, we are also open to discussing a hybrid with cash compensation.
Our Promises to You:
Make space for and support your career and personal growth
Uphold high standards of conduct and work with compassion
Be honest and transparent with you
Treat you with respect and generosity
We will surround you with teammates who:
Communicate clearly, honestly, and with compassion
Care deeply for our universe, our earth, animals, plants, and people
Welcome new ideas and information into their lives
Seek personal and professional growth
Have established forms of and/or are curious to discover and incorporate new forms of self care, reflection, and rejuvenation
Inspire those around them to be their best selves by constantly showing up as their best self
Are pursuing their career and personal goals and dreams with love and persistence
Open a conversation with us (or nominate someone you know) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no open roles at the moment, but stay tuned here for any hiring updates or feel free to send your interest to email@example.com, including (1) why you’re excited about Agni and (2) a strength you’re excited to share with the team.
Thank you for checking us out!