If you're looking for a quick and easy soup that's delicious and full of nutrients to support your hormone and immune health, this is it! Bright, herbaceous, yet soothing on your digestive system, this is the perfect weeknight soup for any season.
If Seed Cycling: Enjoy this recipe on days 15-28 of your cycle. To ensure you receive the recommended 1 TBS of seasoning per day, make sure to add your Sesame Nori Seasoning on top of your soup before enjoying as noted in step 8, below ♥️
Celery, Leek, and Potato Soup
- 2 heaping TBS olive oil or ghee, whichever you prefer
- 1 leek (any size)
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 head of celery (any size)
- 1 medium potato (whatever’s local and looks good is a great choice)
- 5 cups veggie broth (ideally homemade, like this amazing recipe for Rebecca Katz’s “magic mineral broth” https://www.rebeccakatz.com/magic-mineral-broth. If neither of those options are available, boxed works just fine, too. In this case you can use 4 cups/ one standard box of broth 1 cup water)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 packed cup of your favorite leafy greens or herbs (I used sorrel for a lemony punch, but any combo of cilantro, parsley, mint, arugula, or spinach can work)
- 4 TBS Sesame Nori Seasoning
- Salt (ideally Himalayan pink or Celtic Sea Salt) and pepper (ideally fresh ground) to taste
- Optional but fun toppings to taste: hemp seeds, pea shoots, more fresh herbs, drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil or ghee over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and garlic, season with a pinch each of salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until extremely tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the celery, potato, and bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are soft and you can easily mash with the back of a wooden spoon, about 7 more minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until all the vegetables are fully tender and soft, about 20 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves, then stir in 1 cup of fresh herbs.
- Transfer the soup to a blender (in two batches if need be) and purée until smooth. Blend until absolutely silky-looking and then leave the blender on a minute more.
- Taste, season as needed with salt and pepper. Note: the amount of salt needed will depend greatly on the type of veggie broth used.
- Transfer to bowls. Sprinkle 1 TBS of Sesame Nori per serving and any other fun optional toppings you want to try.