Cooler temps and slow days are the perfect 'recipe' for fall baking.
This Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake featuring Agni's Cinnamon Maca Seasoning provides nourishment and support for the follicular phase.
This super seed and spice blend has a natural sweetness and warmth from cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg with the superpower of transforming a simple breakfast or snack into a mouthwatering baked good.
Packed with antioxidants, lignans, zinc, and omega 3s — nutrients that are celebrated for supporting digestion, circulation, better sleep, better periods, menopause relief, postpartum health, and so much more. Eating nutrients in food form improves their bioavailability, and this seasoning makes it easy to access abundant nourishment.
Recipe in collaboration with Ashley Perez, culinary arts graduate, wellness coach, and recipe developer.
- 1 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 c oat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp Agni Cinnamon Maca Seasoning
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Splash milk, tea or coffee
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/3 c oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp sprouted buckwheat
- 2-3 tbsp Agni Cinnamon Maca Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp pumpkin seed oil, or oil of choice
- Mix the cake ingredients in a large bowl to form a batter.
- Add 2/3 batter to a parchment-lined 9 inch round springform pan
- Mix the cinnamon swirl ingredients in a small bowl, and spoon 1/2 the mixture over the cake batter.
- Repeat with remaining batter and swirl.
- Mix the streusel ingredients to combine and distribute over cake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until edges are golden and center is “springy” to touch
- Cool completely then remove from pan and drizzle with icing
- Store refrigerated
For the Icing:
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp non-dairy yogurt or coconut cream
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients (warm or room temperature) until a silky sauce forms.
- Drizzle over cake!