The perfect balance of sweet and savory, this Maca Miso Banana Bread is as delicious as it is nutritious — and is great for breakfast or dessert! Filled with hormone-supportive ingredients like flax, maca, and pumpkin seeds, this recipe is a great way to provide your body with extra nutrients that support fertility, hormonal balance, and better periods.
If Seed Cycling: Enjoy this recipe on days 1-14 of your cycle. To ensure you receive your full 1 TBS of seasoning per day, we recommend sprinkling extra Cinnamon Maca Seasoning over each slice before enjoying ♥️
Maca Miso Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas (must be beginning to show brown spots)
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs -- 2 TBS ground flax to 5 TBS water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil, butter, ghee, or myokos vegan butter -- whichever you prefer and would be most soothing to your gut
- ½ cup of brown sugar, turbinado sugar, coconut sugar or a combination of 2-3 of them totaling ½ cup
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour (you can make your own by blending almonds in a good blender or food processor) (nut allergy sub: 1 cup oat flour + ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Maca Seasoning
- ½ cup chocolate chips, chunks, or disks (optional)
- Note: Miso is plenty salty enough for the recipe, don’t recommend adding any additional salt to this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mash ripe bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl until well-combined and smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, whip together sugar, oil/fat of choice, and miso until well-combined.
- Add this fatty sweet miso mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- In that same small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and powder, and spices if using. Now add to liquid mixture and combine well.
- Once well-incorporated, add chocolate chips (optional).
- Line a 13 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, depending on how well-done you’d like your loaf and your oven. Turn the pan at 35ish minutes to ensure even baking.